Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Buying Beaulieu

  1. #1
    Inactive Member pcg's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 28th, 2000
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nigel,
    I've just finished running a general search on the web for any reference to new Beaulieu dealers in the US. No luck. Seems terribly unlikely, but unless someone knows otherwise, no one is popping up as a dealer here...
    /Pat

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    check out Super-8 Sounds Pro 8mm website and their newsletters, they seem to mention something about camera packages...also, check into the archive pages 2-4....I think there is some good info located there.

    -Alex

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am wondering if there is a place in the USA that sells Beaulieu New? I went to Super8Sound but it looks like they only sell their own modified Beaulieus--At least on the web. Can anyone help....I know I can go to Widescreen Centre in London if I have to. Thanks

  4. #4
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you have someone in the USA who does a good service job, I think it?s no problem to buy them at any place in the world.
    There are at least 2 dealers in Germany, 1 in Italy and Beaulieu France is selling directly, too.
    But always think of the advice I got from an very expierienced prof Beaulieu user (reporter):
    It?s very common, that factory new Beaulieus are not so good adjusted than cameras, which just had run thru a good service. The quality control system at Beaulieu factory is not that great as it should be, the adjustment of the lens to the body, the viewfinder parallaxis and the light meter is always a problem with brand new models. Here comes the hour of a good service.

    Pedro

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that I will end up buying from Widescreen Centre in London. However, I will be in Yugoslavia in May and I could have the chance of picking one up then. Thanks for the help.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner MikeBrantley's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Check out http://www.irvhigdon.com for Beaulieu service in the USA. The fellow knows Beaulieu cameras and Elmo projectors!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member mato's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2001
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nigel, I noticed on a different post that you recommended Irv Higdon in L.A for repairs. Thanks for the contact. I talked to him at length yesterday and found out that he sells refurbished Beaulieus as well. Not sure if that is what you want but I imagine a camera from his shop will perform as new for years. I was impressed. Plus the guy's a hoot to talk to. He's like 75 yrs old and sounds like a young Lenny Bruce. HA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •